We are collecting flood bucket kits. Crenshaw UMC in Blackstone, VA will be a collection point (Mon-Thur, 9AM-11:30AM) through September 18
Cleaning Kit Materials
* A 5-Gallon bucket with re-sealable lid. Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned. Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner
* Liquid laundry detergent, One 50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottle(s) only
* Liquid household cleaner, 12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water, o No spray cleaners
* Dish soap, 16-28 oz. bottle, any brand
* 50 Clothespins
* Clothesline, One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines, o Cotton or plastic
* 7 Sponges, No cellulose sponges due to mold issues, remove from packaging
* 24-Roll heavy-duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon sizes, remove from the box
* 18 Cleaning wipes, Handi-wipes or reusable wipes, no terry cleaning towels, remove from packaging
* 1 Can air freshener, aerosol or pump
* 1 Insect-repellant spray, 6-14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
* 2 Pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves, should be durable enough for multiple uses, remove from packaging
* 1 Pair work gloves, All Cotton, All Leather, Cotton with Leather Palm
* 5 Scouring pads, remove from wrapper, no stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
* 1 Scrub brush, plastic or wood handle
* 5 Dust masks
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please. If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicating
what has been omitted.
Packing and Shipping Kits Instructions
Box weight: Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
Complete 2 packing lists: One for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping
list helps the depot to quickly process kits.